Sunday, April 29, 2012

Africa?

I'm coming to the end of a stage of life.
My high school life will be done in about 23 days. 
I graduate May 20.
And what do you know?
My whole plan has been completely changed in the past few weeks. 

My plan for the past few months/year has been to go to Sierra in the fall, do the basic courses, and when I was ready, transfer to Sac State and apply for the nursing program to become an Emergency Room Nurse. 

Not anymore. 

I don't think I'm gonna go to school..
I think I'm gonna get a job, and start saving all the money I get and turn around and go to Africa for a few months. 

If you have known me for any length of time, like really known me.. you would know that Africa has always been on my heart. And about a year ago, I thought that Tsehay and Fekadu coming home was my Africa dream coming true. 

But now? 

Nah.

I have a new dream.
Or is it the same dream?
I want to go help out at an orphanage. 
I want to visit Africa.
And not just for some short 2 week trip or whatever.
I want to go
I want to build relationships with the people, with the children. 

My dad says he has a connection, and I know he does.
This would be super exciting to see it all work out.
Until then, I will keep meditating on Jesus, and try to find out what he really wants me to do with my life! 

James 1:27 says to look after the worlds orphans and widows... 

Is this my calling?

More to come.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment