Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Daniel Fast; Day 2

Today was most definitely a better day than yesterday! 

Not as many germs. 
No more headaches. 
I actually had an appetite. 

Today's meals: 
Apple, Strawberry, Banana smoothie! 
Potato (with nothing on it)

Anyways, the food isn't even the reason for fasting. 


Today's prayer focus was to pray for three friends specifically. 
I picked my three, and to explain it all, I'm just gonna change their names. 


I chose three friends who I personally felt a connection with, but not friends I was super close with. 


Bobby:)
I've known Bobby for 3 years now. He was one of the first people I met when I changed schools. I always tried to reach out to him, but it never worked out. He would push me away and ignore me when I would try to talk to him. Now 3 years later, Bobby has met other friends of mine, and he is letting them into his life, allowing them to speak to him, and pray with him. I've prayed for so long, so hard for him. And now seeing those prayers come back up three years later, being fulfilled.... It's just an amazing feeling seeing someone go from pushing God away, to now accepting him. I can't wait to see what God will do in his life. I'm excited to see what will happen in the next few months/years! 

Sally:) 
Sally was once the closest thing to my best friend during Middle School. She's never been a Christian. Doesn't believe in God.   I've tried bringing her to church, always turned me down. After we finished Middle School, we split up, and went to different high schools. We stayed 'close', but after the first semester, I switched schools. We were no longer living our lives anywhere near each other. I was living my life out in Roseville, and she was still out in Orangevale, nowhere near where I went during my every day life. We stayed close for about 2 months, we hung out maybe once or twice. I was invited to her birthday party that summer, but I didn't feel as if I fit in with those people, so I ended up leaving early. Besides 'Happy Birthday' Facebook posts, that was the last time we talked. I miss Sally like crazy. She knew everything about me. I pray for her all the time. Praying she'll meet new friends who will bring her closer to God. You may say "Well why not try to get reconnected with her?" Truth is, I have. Her new best friend and her boyfriend don't like me, and she let those two factors get to her. I will never stop trying. By stalking her Facebook, I haven't really seen any change. But I pray for her. And I won't give up. 

Joe:)
Joe crept his way into my heart. Snuck in my life. Made me disobey my parents dating law. Stole my first kiss. Then proceeded to cheat on me. He hurt me so bad. I wasted so much time crying over him. I have forgiven him, but have never tried anything more to get any friendship with him, or tried to bring him to church. I pray for him now looking back 4 years. I hope and pray for him every time I am reminded of him. 




Day 13 of our 40 day fast: 


Day 13: Love fights fair 
If a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand.
—Mark 3:25 
TODAY’S DARE
Write out your own personal rules to “fight” by. Resolve to abide by them when the next  disagreement occurs. If a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand


And for tomorrow I want you to pray for your school.

Until tomorrow.. 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment