Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Fast Day 21

Thursday; February 3

Have you ever felt like your just stuck?

I have before.
But not as bad as some people.

Some people are beyond stuck in situations.
They are stuck in relationships. Dangerous relationships, that take away their self-worth in the end. These girls (maybe guys? I don't know if it happens to them too..) get stuck in these abusive relationships, and if they leave the guy hunts them down, abuses her more, and threatens her even more if she ever leaves again.

This is just plain SCARY to me.

My heart aches for these girls.

I pray that these girls will find the strength in our God to help them leave. I pray God will show himself to them, allowing them to see a light at the end of the tunnel. Bring the right people to these girls sides, to help them through this huge step in their life.

I also pray for these pigs our society calls 'men'. I pray God will be shown to them, and they will be able to break these horrible habits. I pray they will be accepting towards anyone who approaches them with Jesus in their heart.

I don't know about you guys, but it's hard to pray for the 'predators' of this society. These people don't deserve second chances. They don't deserve what we have. I very badly want to just say something along the lines of "Go to hell." but I know that's not the right response.
But then I think, 'Wow. What if God didn't give me a second chance? Where would I be right now?"

God is a God of second chances! None of us deserve them. None of us do. But God gives them anyways.

Matthew 7:3 "Why do you look at the speck of saw dust in your brothers eye, abd pay no attention the plank in your own eye?"

Romans 3:23 "For we all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.."

We aren't any better than these people. We all sin. We all have our own problems.

So Lord, I pray that you will help all of us. We all need you. Thank you for taking our sins on the cross. We didn't deserve it, yet you suffered through all the pain for us. You would have done it for just one of us. We thank you, Jesus, for dying for us.

We love you..
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment