Friday, February 24, 2012

Imperfection.


I wrote this about a year ago. I reread it, made some slight changes, and decided to post it here...
(I will get back to the 40 days, I promise!) 


I'm not a good writer but bear with me here... 
Rereading this after I have written it out, I am very scatter-brained, but please try and stick with me. 


God really put this on my heart tonight, and I felt like I need to share. 

IMPERFECTION 

IM-PERFECT-ION 
When I saw this word, those were the first three words that popped in my head. 

IM
PERFECT 
ION


Thinking about this hits me hard because I struggled with my looks for a while, and all the imperfections I saw in my body. 
My hair is too thick, I was too skinny, My nose is pointed...

I'm gonna start this with a verse.. 

John 3:16 
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only son. That whoever believed in him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life. 

God cared so much for everyone, no matter what you look like, have done, etc., that He gave His ONE son for all of us. I don't know about you, but that's kinda crazy! Do you realize how much he cares for you? No matter what you've done or look like? No matter how many times you have failed or done wrong? Through everything, God loves you the same, which is still more love than you can recieve from any number of humans on this earth can give you. 

No the definition of an 'ion'....
"An atom or molecule with a net electric charge due to the loss or gain of one or more electrons." 

An ion is an imperfect atom. 

God even made these little tiny ions imperfect. On purpose. Let's go a little bit farther? An atom is part of a while. All these tiny atoms make up one big thing.
People are just like atoms. We all work together to make the whole [universe] work. Even those ions work with the whole! These ions are imperfect, but work perfectly, just as any other atom would. 

Matthew 7:3 
Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brothers eye, but pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

People these days look at someone and see all the imperfections and things they have fone wrong, but they don't bother to turn around and look inside themselves.. 

1 Corinthians 6:19 
Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Sporot, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own. 

God made YOU. God thinks you are PERFECT. YOUR BODY IS A TEMPLE! So why does everyone thing it is necessary for plastic surgery, loads and loads of make up, etc.? 

YOU DON'T NEED IT. 

God made you, you. He loves that freckle on your cheek bone. He loves the way your hair is big and frizzy! He loves that you only have a dimple on the right side of your face!
He sees you as perfect. 

I get asked often why I don't wear make up everyday, and why I don't do my hair all the time.. If yo uknow me well, you'd know I'm a no make up/hair in a messy bun type of girl for the most part.. (Yes, I like getting all dolled up, it's fun, but not all the time.)

Does God not see you every night?
When you take your make up off and let your hair down? 


God sees you. 
God thinks you are beautiful.
God thinks you are to die for. 

And because he thought that, God sent his one and only sone to die for YOU

Anyways..
Take out the 'ion'. 

What's left?
IMPERFECT. 


Don't look at this as imperfect... Add an apostrophe and a space and what do you get?

I'm perfect.

There's not really anything else to say about it.

I'm perfect. 


I'm perfect. 
I'm perfect. 

In God's eyes, YOU ARE PERFECT.

1 Peter 3:3-4 

Do not let your adorning be external-the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear- but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious.

Proverbs 3:15 
She is more precious than jewels, and you desire can compare with her. 

People let the opinion of man affect them too much. DO NOT LISTEN TO THEM. 
For two reasons: 
~He is NOT God. 

~Every mand out there is different . Odds are one will appreciate you for what you look like. If he doesn't, that's shallow and he is NOT the one for you. 

To end this out- If a man really cares about you, it will not matter what you look like. He will look at your insides. Your heart. Your soul. Your mind. If he is worth it, he will define your beauty from what he sees in your heart, not your outward appearances.

1 Samuel 16:7 

People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart. 

Last thing- 
Someone once told me this: 
Most of the time; you only notice flaws on yourself! Because you know what you look like when your skin is perfectly clean, and your hair all done. Which is why when there is one little blemish people freak out! And other people only notice because you either a) are too insecure about it or b) try too hard to cover it up, only making it more noticeable. 

JESUS LOVES YOU FOR YOU. 

For what you look like. For what you have done. 

Don't listen to mans opinions.

So Lord, I pray over everyone struggling with their beauty. Help them see themselves exactly how you see them. Help them know they are loved, despite everything that has gone on. Show them an appreciation for themselves. Help them know who they are in You. You have designed us perfectly. Help us all believe that. Thank you Daddy! We love you! 



If anyone needs to talk about this, find a trusted adult. There are people in this world who wil help you, who think you are beautiful, and who love you through everything. 


You are loved by our Creator! The man who made our universe took special time to mold and create you! 



No comments:

Post a Comment