Monday, February 13, 2012

Fast Day 24-29

The Lord's Prayer

For these 6 days, we dissected the Lord's prayer, and prayed it over our lives. 

Our Father, which art in heaven, Hallowed be they Name. 
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. 
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. 
For thine is the kingdom, the power, and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen.

Each day we took one of these statements, meditated on it, and prayed it over our lives. 
(I figured one longerish blog post all about the same topic would be better than 6 different ones..)



Monday; February 6
Our Father, which art in heaven, Hallowed be they Name.

I want nothing but to make your name known. I want to be able to make your name holy. Spreading the gospel is all I want done through my life. Shine through me! Use me to spread your name! 


Tuesday; February 7 
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

Lord do what you please with my life. I want to show your light all whee I go. Thank you for giving us the freedom. I want your will to be done with my life. Here I am Lord. I give my life to you. Do as you please! 


Wednesday; February 8
Give us this day our daily bread.

Thank you Lord for everything you have given me. Thank you for supplying my family with food, shelter, and clothing. Thank you for all you have given me. 


Thursday; February 9
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. 

Thank you Jesus for forgiveness. And help us forgive others. We don't want to live through life with our sins. We don't want to have anger and hatred in our hearts. Help us forgive, and give us the courage to seek forgiveness from others. Help us forgive others.


Friday; February 10
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. 

Temptation is a huge part of our daily lives. And it absolutely sucks. Lord, help us not fall into temptation. Help us be strong enough to walk away from our temptations. Help us avoid all that we can.


Saturday; February 11
For thine is the kingdom, the power, and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen.

I ONLY want to bring you glory, God! When people see me, I only want your name to be praised! Take out everything in our lives that we put before you! Fill every gap in our lives with You!  



USE US LORD. 
xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment